Hold on, looking for more

Xion
We use cookies at kpopping.com, by using kpopping.com, you're accepting our terms of service.
On June 20, KBS announced BLACKPINK's "See U Later" and "Mermaid" by United Cube's rap unit (BTOB's Peniel, Minhyuk & Ilhoon, CLC's Yeeun, and Pentagon's Wooseok) have both been deemed unsuitable for their music show "Music Bank."
BLACPINK's song was judged to be ineligible due to profanity, slang, and derogotary/vulgar expressions. These include lyrics like "fucking nonsense," "gangster," and "going in hard....I'm a boss bitch."
United Cube rap unit's "Mermaid" was judged ineligible for obsence lyrics that directly or indirectly spoke about sex. Lyrics such as "I'll be glad it's going to be a little rougher tonight," "the love I hold in my hands will turn red," and "faster breathing, no breathing until the morning's over."

Sending comments is available for registered users only. Please sign in.

rocketbona   1 year ago
As always KBS...
1 year ago
Krypta   1 year ago
It sucks to think that KBS found offense in implied homosexuality. KBS tends to really judge badly. Like how they deemed EXO's Lotto unsuitable for broadcast so the boys had to change it from Lotto to louder; Akmu's Galaxy for repeating Galaxy so much that it seemed like promoting Samsung galaxy phones; Jonghyun's Rewind for having a japanese line. And more!
1 year ago
DirtyAhjumma    Krypta   1 year ago
I read that Lotto was banned because it's a brand name and is legally owned or something. That's why Winner also had to change their lyrics for Everyday because it also had the word "lotto".
Which song did they ban for implied homosexuality?

1 year ago
Krypta    DirtyAhjumma   1 year ago
I guess that's an acceptable reason for banning Lotto. Yesterday when I read the article above, I read something about Mermaid having implied homosexuality. I guess OP edited the article or maybe my mind was just playing tricks on me when I read it lol. I also heard about Winner's "Island" getting banned by KBS because of implied homosexuality.
1 year ago
continue this thread

Related articles for BLACKPINK, Wooseok, Yeeun, Minhyuk, Ilhoon, Peniel, (G)I-DLE, Pentagon, CLC, BTOB, Soyeon