Hold on, looking for more

Peter Pan
Trainee
Jul 11 10:35 PM

Teachers are starting to ban students from singing "Love Scenario" in their classrooms.

Recently on mother cafes (online communities for moms), many mothers have been showing concerns about their children repeatedly singing the hit song byiKON. One mother vented frustration, asking, "My 7-year-old daughter would not stop singing 'Love Scenario'. What is wrong with her?"

"Love Scenario" - the title track of iKON's latest album 'Return' - achieved all-kills and remained #1 on real-time music charts for 43 consecutive days. It's the boy group's biggest hit so far, and even kids are loving the addictive melody.

Back on June 23, Yang Hyun Suk shared a video of the 'Love Scenario Syndrome'. The video is a compilation of children chanting the song together. He captioned, "What's going on?"

Music director Lee Min Sook, who was in charge of popular Korean kids program 'Bbo Bbo Bbo' for over 30 years, commented, "Except for the rap part, the speed is similar to a children's song and the scale is also quite simple. There are not many difficult wordings in the lyrics and the melody constantly repeats so it's easy to sing along and also play around with it by changing up the words."

A 10-year-old elementary student with the last name Lim also said, "Other idol songs are so fast and have English lyrics so it's hard to sing along but this song is easy to follow from the beginning."

However, there are concerns about children's love for "Love Scenario". Some have pointed out the lyrics and story behind the song are inappropriate for children. With this in mind, several teachers have actually banned the song in classrooms.

What are your thoughts on the 'Love Scenario Syndrome' among children?

Sending comments is available for registered users only. Please sign in.

나야Rv
Rookie

You can't blame for coming up with a great song and I especially can't blame the children. This song is really addicting I can even hear it inside my head playing while I read this.

9 days ago
Krypta    나야Rv
Idol

The lyrics are kinda weird for kids to sing considering it's about breakups and stuff but nothing about it screams severely inappropriate.

9 days ago
Renii    Krypta
Nugu

It's not exactly a children's song but it's not inappropriate. Goodbyes and appreciating the memories doesn't have to be between lovers. It's a song for all ages that promotes healthy coping and a lesson they can learn as they grow up.

8 days ago
Peter Pan    나야Rv
Trainee

Even me as a teenager sing it everywhere. Like who cares, I will sing if I want hahaha. Love Scenario is really addicting song.

9 days ago
minlulu
Rookie

I find this hilarious and I bet iKon is dying over this too ^^

8 days ago
Peter Pan    minlulu
Trainee

Should they make a Kindergarten Tour HAHAHA

8 days ago
minlulu    Peter Pan
Rookie

That would blow their popularity up to #1 hahaha due to all of the school kids loving them ^^

8 days ago
 replies
Nicole
Rookie

It's a great song. Anyone will surely get hooked listening to this. Kids nowadays know what good music is.

9 days ago
Peter Pan    Nicole
Trainee

Thanks to the great composer, Hanbin-hyung really a fantastic and awesome, the greatest composer.

9 days ago
ChanaJiHyun
Trainee

I mean, when I was a kid we were all singing Genie in a Bottle and we had no idea what it meant!
(I know, I'm old...)
This is just a song (and a catchy one at that!), so I feel there's no harm! When I was teaching in Korea, I had students who would go around singing 집에 가지마 by GD and TOP and the adults would reprimand them hahaha

8 days ago
Peter Pan    ChanaJiHyun
Trainee

Months passed but it is still trendy. iKIDs are really that addicted to it. I love those Baby-KONICs!

8 days ago
looktothesky
Rookie

the shark song is shaking

7 days ago
Peter Pan    looktothesky
Trainee

Hahaha. Shark song version of iKON is hilarious.

7 days ago